CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just another day here in GA!!!

So today is just like any other for us these days. Ed and the boys are out and about, my mom is doing the laundry and my dad...well he is doing his thing! I am still in bed resting, which is where I think that I will be for the next several weeks until I can get my back surgery. The only good side of spending day after day in bed is that it has given me so much time to read other Blogs done by families that are in the middle of adopting children from the Ukraine or that have already added beautiful little ones to their families. I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to read what other families have to say. Adopting from the Ukraine is hard because you just don't know what will happen when you get there. You don't have a referral like you do with most other countries, so you really are in the the hands of God when you waiting in that hallway, or stairwell-as I have read!, waiting to go in a see the files they have selected for you. The information that I have learned by reading the experiences of others has been eye-opening and and I am sure will prove to be priceless once I am knee deep into packing and preparing for our trip. Some have even posted pictures of the city, children, orphanages and restrooms!!! Others have given detailed lists of what to bring and wear, and what to leave at home. I think this information is the best. They recommend that you pack light, yet you have to bring everything but the kitchen sink..if you know what I mean. Who would have thought that duck tape would be a "must have"! Reading their journeys, seeing their pictures and sharing in their lives(even though they don't know it)has been such an inspiration to me and has kept my hopes up and my heart full, because I know one day it will be our turn to share our story. I only hope that I can help someone as they have helped me.

0 comments: