CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The room.....before....




So here are some pictures of her room..before. As you can see, it is drab and boring and nothing special. This room has been many things in our home thus far. A playroom, a quest room and, most recently, a junk room!!! A "catch-all" for everything that had no place to go. Now, finally, it will be a little girls room!
"What are we doing with all that stuff now?" you might ask. We are doing what any good American will do...having a YARD SALE!!! I love when other people buy my junk!!! One persons trash is anothers treasure! I am not looking forward to a yard sale in 90 degree weather, but you do what you have to do, right?

I have spent the past week going through everything. I mean everything. I found our Varsity jackets from HS. BTW- mine still fits,and my friend has a picture to prove it. Right Michelle? ;0) Ed's almost fits. He has big...muscles now so it is a little tight! Anyway we have found tons of things we don't use or need. All the makings for a perfect yard sale. The kids have even thrown in some of their toys..only to ask if they can buy more toys with the money they make! Gotta love 'em!
Pray that it doesn't rain....that would really stink! I will let you know how it goes!!!

I am also adding pictures of the quilt that we bought for "sister" as she is now known in our house. It is so sweet! Pale yellow and pink and green. Pretty little flowers! Love it!!!! Hello Kitty fits right in. That was a gift from my mom and dad! Thanks! It matches perfectly!




And the last picture is of the cutest little doll that I found while we were in Dollywood last week.


I had to have it! Isn't it sweet?! I am soooo ready for a girl!
xoxox- Kristina


7 comments:

... said...

Beautiful job! I have just started putting "Ella's" room together. I will post it soon.

We leave next month...if you want to follow our blog you can find it at:
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/

I hope you don't mind but I saved yours so we can follow your journey.

Lisa

Kevin and Tammy said...

We are also leaving next month. Our blog is huckabeeadoption.blogspot.com. Feel free to follow along. We are also looking for a little girl.

Great to watch your blog.
Tammy

Mamapierce said...

We've done 4 garage sales and earned around $2,000 from them! One idea I've heard is that if you see any other garage sales going on before yours - you can ask them if you can pick up anything leftover for your garage sale to earn money for the adoption. Good luck!

Kevin and Tammy said...

Thanks for you comment. The song also touched our heart. We can't wait to play it for Kailyn. She will then know what true love of a family can be. We will also watch your blog intently.
Tammy

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I wanted to say I know exactly how you feel about the room. We have had a "everything" room for years and are anxiously ready to redecorate it. It currently is blue. We are both wanting a little girl, however a boy would be loved as much as a girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina--I read your blog this morning. What a journey!! I am very happy for you & your family. I can't really think of anyone I know who will be a better home than you all. I know this will turn out great for you, and what a lucky little girl! As you said, if she only knew....

Tami said...

What a beautiful room! Isn't getting ready for a little girl great! :) Anya loved helping me get ready to bring Maddie home. We had so much fun picking out paint colors, comforters and wall hangings. Your little girl will love it! :)