Atleast that is what I was told by the nasty women in TX who said she could not process my paperwork for me and that if it was meant to be "it was in God's Hands". I did actually remind her that yes indeed God does have his hand on our adoption, but really...the paper was on HER desk!
It has been a very hectic few weeks here in GA. We were given out submission date and from that day on we have been pulling all of our updated paperwork together. Basically we had to re-do everything because it all needed to be no more than 6 months old and since we first submitted in Dec....everything had to be redone. Not a problem, except we had to deal with GA, NJ and TX, and dealing with people in different states when you are in a rush, it not an easy task. It is a lot of "red-tape" type of stuff that can really slow you down. I was able to get help in NJ from my mother in law. She did all the running around for me there and I did it here in GA, but I had no help in TX. I had one simple piece of paper with 4 sentences on it that needed to be Apostilled by the Sec. of State- sounds easy- except they are back-logged by a week. They told me that "it was not their problem" that I needed this paper so quickly and that "we just can't get this done for you" even after I explained that without this paper all my hard work over the past year, all the work by Ed, our agency and all the people that have helped us, would have been a waste because without this one, 4 sentenced piece of paper I would miss my submission date.....the date I waited,and waited, and waited for over this past year. The date- that when missed- means you start over again, from the beginnning. I asked her is she minded being the sole reason that a child will spend another night in an orphanage without a loving family- "not her problem", if she minded that I would have to explain to my children that they wouldn't be getting the sister whom they have been asking about for a year and giving all of there stuffed animals to because they think that she will "really love to snuggle with them"- "not my problem" I was told again. SO (being the sweet, patient and warm hearted person that we all know I am -Jen and Cory stop laughing!) I thanked her for being such a warm and giving person, someone that her family should be very proud of. I then went on the say that I hope while she is sitting at dinner sharing her day with her family she will think of me and share my story with them, and when they ask what she did to help me...she can reply to them "I did nothing- It's not my problem."
As for that piece of paper..I got what I needed - it just took me a minute to figure out a way to get what I wanted without her help. I did it and was able to send all our paperwork over last friday. I am also happy to announce that it arrived in the Ukraine today, it will be translated by our facilitater and them submitted on Monday the 23th. Now we just wait until they give us our travel date. We should have that with in the next 3 weeks. I think that we will travel (like I said in my last entry) in September.
So, the one thing that I have learned from this is that it truly is meant to be and that our little girl is just waiting for us to come and get her. I wish someone could whisper in her ear to let her know we will soon be there and that she will never be without a family again.
Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts over the next few months. We have some many wonderful things that will be happening and we could use all the help and support we can get.
I will let you know as soon as we get THE DATE!!!!
Kristina
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
It is in Gods Hands......
Posted by The D'Antuono Family at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment