CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two weeks and the kids are back to school?!?!!?

Could it be that time already? This summer has gone by so fast! (I think we say that every summer though!) We have done so many fun things - pool, picnics, amusement parks, water parks, movies, and now our Jersey trip!
I do think that the kids are ready to see all their friends and get back to the routine that we keep during the school year. OR maybe it is me that is ready to get back to that routine!

On the adoption front- I emailed our facilitator the other day. Hearing from him makes it all so real. 48 days-and counting! Ed and I are getting so excited, and the boys too. Grandma and Grandpa have asked that they put together a list of all the things that they want to do while we are gone. Busy boys are happy boys! When I return home I plan on finishing "K's"' (have you guessed it yet?) room and I will post the pictures of the "after". I have finished painting and putting up the drapes. Now it is time to DECORATE!!! Fun! I will also being to organize some sort of packing. I know it seems early, but I figure if I start now, by day 48- I will be down to just the necessities! Remember- packing light has never been my strong point. My luggage for our NJ trip weighed in an 49 lbs. Now extra charge- thank you very much!- and that was for only 10 days.....I can do it....I think I can, I think I can, I think I can........

I follow a lot - almost too many- of other blogs of families that are traveling to the Ukraine to adopt. I am just a little addicted- between that and facebook ;0). It is so exciting to go on the journey with these families. I will add though, some a completely heartbreaking when a family returns without a child(this is a possibility for us as well-but we will not focus on that....). I have even "met" a few families that will be there at the same time we will. Perhaps our paths will cross and we can have a visit! Fun!

Anyway- it is morning- and I need my coffee...........toodles for now!

4 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Congratulations guys!!
I am so excited to follow your trip. We are still "patiently" awaiting our submission date. At least you will be back (God willings) with your new addition to enjoy the holidays. BTW, I am concerned about the packing situation as well. A whole month+ with a few bag!?!

Ken and Joy said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to find another family traveling around the same time as us! We have our SDA Appt on 9/15. Can't wait to follow your journey!

Joy
www.kjrae.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looking forward to following your journey! (I'm addicted too, so please be an enabler and blog while you're there if you can) :)

... said...

I have to agree with Michelle; I am a blogaholic to so keep blogging!

We will be packed by Wednesday - I ALWAYS overpack however, I am going to TRY to keep it to 1 suitcase and a backpack. We'll see!

Lisa
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/