CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just breathe.....

That is what I keep saying to myself each minute of the day! Ed and I can not believe that we are leaving in 4 days! FOUR!!! I think that we are ready to go. We have packed everything that we possibly can. We each have two bags. One to check and one to carry one. We have enough movies and music, books, magazines, cards and Advil. :) We have just a few things left to do. Mostly things for the boys.
My parents will be arriving tomorrow. Which will be nice. It will help me to relax- at least for a second or two!
I am off to do a few last minute things. I don't think that I will have time to Blog again until we arrive in Kiev.

Here are a few things that I think you should or might want to know:
We leave Sunday and get to the Ukraine on Monday. There is a 7 hours time difference from the East Coast. The entire time of our trip there will be from 9:00 am (our time) to 9:00 am (their time).

I will Blog as often as I can. I am not sure when and if we will have Internet connection, but check the blog often to see what we have been up to.

Our appointment, and there after: Our appt. is Tuesday the 23. Not sure what time. BUT by the time it is noon here, we will have all the details for you as to how the appointment went! At the appointment they will show us some files containing as much information as they have and a photo. We will go through them with our translator/facilitator. We will (fingers crossed) select a child. (Please pray that we see the child that is meant to be ours, and that we get shown children that are healthy.)(For those of you that are Ukraine PAP-or AP- I KNOW that there are no "healthy" child. You know what I mean when I say "healthy".) From there you need a referral to go to the orphanage that she is at. The orphanage most likely will NOT be close to where we are. We will then travel by car or train to that region. Meet with the director of the orphanage and then meet the child. If all goes we, we will decided to adopt her and begin paperwork to get a court date. This date can be a week or more away. We have court, wait the mandatory 10 day waiting period. During this time we will visit her 2 times a day- at the orphanage. After the 10 days we pick her up, head back to Kiev, finish more paperwork and GET HOME!!! We are hoping the entire trip will take 4-6 weeks from start to finish.

That is the best case scenario that I have layed out for you. Ed and I realize that there will be many bumps along our road. We are ready and as prepared as we can be.

We ask that you keep Nick and Tom in your thoughts and prayers while we are gone. We know that Grandma and Grandpa will take GREAT care of them. But it is a long journey for them as well. They will miss there Mommy and Daddy even with all the fun things Grandma and Pa have planned for them. Pray that my mom and dad can keep up with them, stay healthy and they understand how to do the boys homework (hee, hee!) with them.

Please pray for Ed and I while we are away. Keep us safe and strong- prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead of us. We are so ready to take this amazing journey. We have been waiting a long time for this day to come.

Finally, please pray for our daughter. This little girl is about to have here world turned upside down. Pray that she has the strength and courage to face ALL the new and exciting things that will be placed before her in the next month.

Ed and I want to thank EVERYONE who has helped us along the way. All of your emails, comments and advice has been amazing! We feel so loved. We hope that you will continue to follow along, and enjoy what we have to share. Don't forget to leave a comment right here on the blog site- you DON'T have to email me separately. If you check my older posts it tell you how to leave comments right on the blog! (I actually prefer if you leave the comment here(unless there is something personal)- it is easier for me!)

Thanks again for all the support!

Love- Kristina and Ed

16 comments:

Bluvsm said...

i was crying when i read this. i can't believe it's only 4 days away now. brett and i just couldnt' be happier for you guys. i KNOW in my heart that you will come back with a beautiful, HEALTHY. little girl. I think that you know it too! You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers and of course, Thomas and Nick as well. We are only an hour away, please let your parents know they can call us for ANYTHING!

We find out in 2 weeks if it's a boy or a girl for us, so I promise to leave you a comment on here to let you know!!!

All the best!!!

Love,
Michelle and Brett

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I'm praying God's blessings on everyone in your family as you embark on this amazing and scary journey:
- Safe travels for you & your husband
- Comfort for all 4 of you as you spend an extended period away from each other
- For your 2 boys as they spend time out of their routine
- For the grandparents as they take care of your boys
- That God will clearly reveal your daughter to you on Tuesday
- For that little girl in Ukraine: that right now she is healthy, happy, and being cared for in a special & loving way.

Be prepared for something to go wrong because there is almost always some little bump in the road in the adoption world (I'm sure you know that by now!). Then if nothing happens, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Know that God will be with you throughout this adventure. Earnestly seek His guidance in each & every decision you must make.

Good luck, and safe travels!
Jennifer
http://littleboydove.blogspot.com

(By the way, I just noticed that you guys are in Georgia. We are, too!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristina, this is your fabulous physical therapy intern that I know you miss dearly! :) I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog and I am so excited for you and your family. I can't wait to hear more of the good news. Your family will be in my prayers and I wish you all the best on your journey.

... said...

Ed and Kristina I can't believe the day is almost here! I will keep watching the blog and please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions or if thre i anything I can do from Texas. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you embark on this amazing journey to find your daughter. Remember, it is in God's hands - let Him carry you. I am so excited for you! Remember to journal outside of the blog - details...things you saw, hear, smells, where the desk are placed in the directors office at the orphanage and in court, diagram them and label where everyone sat...these small things will be her treasures later in life.

Much love, support, prayers and excitement!
Lisa

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Guys, I can't express how excited I am for you! I do pray that you will find the "missing piece" to your family and that you can all be reunited in time to have a wonderful holiday! I can't wait to find out how your appt. goes and I pray that 1 appt. is all that's needed.

Blessings

sorcamc said...

Kris, Ed, Tom and Nick, we love you guys! We can't wait to meet our newest, most anticipated baby neice/cousin! You will be in my thoughts constantly. You KNOW we are a phone call away from anything that you need! Love you tons and we will be praying for a seamless adoption. This little girl is so lucky that you are going to be her mom!
Love, Sorca, Rob and the kids :)

sorcamc said...

PS...I love you sounds like

ya te'byeh loobloo

We love you would be:

Moy te'byeh loobloo!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you. We also have our appointment on Tues! Maybe we will see each other.
Blessings to you and your family. We are finally going!
Cindie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Missy and Kevin said...

I came across your blog and I am so excited for you. My husband and I adopted our daughter from Ukraine last December. I do know what you mean when you say no "healthy" children. We were told that our daughter was an animal and would never be able to take care of herself. She was in the town, Slavansk, and her orphanage was a home for mentally retarded children. I did not see one child with any major delays. She is now six and in Kindergarten and doing great. She is perfectly healthy and very smart. You must truly have faith and go with your heart. Also, we had a few bumps in the road regarding paperwork which prolonged our stay about a week but now we wish we would have just enjoyed the sights and lived in the moment rather than being disappointed about not getting home when we expected. In the end, everything worked out great. I pray everything goes well for you and your husband. I hope to follow your blog and can't wait to see your little girl. God bless!

Anonymous said...

You had a great PT intern because of her teacher, right?! (just kidding, she taught me!). I am just sooo excited for your family. It is a highlight of my day to read your blog. Baby K is one lucky girl!! Have a safe trip!
Kimberly

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Hi,

I just found your blog through Heather's. Our friends, who are also friends of Heather are in Ukraine right down adopting their son. We have a 12yo girl who has been here for 5 months now.

Blessings on your trip and appointment:)

June

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Oops, I meant they are in Ukraine right now. (my fingers sometime get ahead of me:0)

Anonymous said...

We would love to hear from you. Our number in Ukraine is
38 067 450 6442
(38 is the country code, we 'think' if your Ukranian phone # doesn't have 450 that you would need to dial 8 instead of country code) We are in an apt just a few blocks from the embassy. We had our SDA appt today and are now waiting for a 2nd appt.)
Mary & Larry Parker
www.parkerfamilyadoption.blogspot.com

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I can't wait to find out how everything is going!

Anonymous said...

Kristina and Ed, I hope this message makes it to you. I have been thinking of you and your daughter quite a bit. I am so excited for her to finally arrive. I am praying for you! Anna and Ethan are excited as well!
Susan Eric Anna Ethan