CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

The ten day forecast!

It is sunny with a good chance of finding our daughter!!! No, seriously! Can you believe that our trip is now within the 10 forecast! That is big news.

But first- we interrupt you regularly scheduled blog to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! We can't wait for you to get here on Thursday for your birthday party! (Hint, Hint) I am making something really yummy that I know you will love!

We now return you to your regular posting...........................

We are pretty much set to go. We have some things that we still need to get and pack, but for the most part all we have to do is figure out how to get ALL THAT STUFF that sits on sisters bed to fit into our suitcases! No small task, let me tell you! We are going to buy a few more movies and TV series DVDS. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment and let us know. We will not have American TV- so these DVDs will be priceless to us. Our little bit of "home".

They boys bought Cabbage Patch Dolls for their sister the other day. They are so cute(both the dolls and the boys!) The name of one of the dolls is Lia Odessa, Odessa is a region in the Ukraine. The other doll, which is a baby CP, was born on Sept. 25. This is the day that we hope to meet our daughter. The boys thought we had to have both, it was "sign" they said. Too sweet! They also picked out some doll clothes. Thomas told me that he will go shopping with Grandma to get a stroller and crib...and whatever baby doll things that sister will need. It is so wonderful to see them want to participate in making our home, her home. It is truly amazing how you can love someone that you don't even know. Ed and I are so blessed to have such great, caring kids. They are going to be excellent big brothers!!! She is one lucky gal.

Make sure you keep checking the blog.........and don't forget to leave a comment right on the blog page! That is the best way to share your thoughts with us.

We have our first school dance tonight! FUN!! Nick said he WON'T dance. He will sit on the bleachers and eat pizza. I will post some pictures tomorrow so you can see what really happened.....

Kristina

8 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I'll be watching your blog regularly. I wish you the best and fastest journey possible.

PS.. Good luck at the dance!!

Julie said...

Hi! I've visited your blog before but it's been awhile...and here you are about to leave! (Amazing how quickly appointments come when it's not you! :)
I'm excited to follow your journey and wish you all the best. We've been home 5 months...spent 5 weeks in Ukraine...and had an amazing experience.
I'm sure you have all of your questions answered about packing, etc, but if you have any more, I'm happy to help. Blessings,
Julie

Julie said...

Hi! I've visited your blog before but it's been awhile...and here you are about to leave! (Amazing how quickly appointments come when it's not you! :)
I'm excited to follow your journey and wish you all the best. We've been home 5 months...spent 5 weeks in Ukraine...and had an amazing experience.
I'm sure you have all of your questions answered about packing, etc, but if you have any more, I'm happy to help. Blessings,
Julie

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I just found your blog today, and I'm excited as you go on this amazing adventure. We adopted a 5 year old son from Ukraine (Mariupol, Donetsk) and have been home just over 9 months. Our journey, door-to-door, was 33 days. I pray that your journey will be smooth and your initial appointment will lead you to YOUR daughter!

Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions along the way!
Jennifer
http://littleboydove.blogspot.com
dovefamily @ bellsouth . net (remove the spaces)

Anonymous said...

I am anixous for you to start your adventure, we are still stuck inthe paperwork stage, hope to travel next year. Be safe, and know even strangers are praying for you.

Be still, and know that I am God! .
--Psalm 46:10, NLT

the7ofus from NC

ArtworkByRuth said...

Jsut checking in to see how things are and if you need anything for your trip! Added you to my blog tracking to get your updates! God Bless!

sorcamc said...

Kris, I am getting soooo excited too! A new child in the family...and you will get to play with HAIR :)

Love you guys!
Sorca

Tami said...

It's getting so close! How exciting! :) We brought Maddie home from the Odessa region...a great area to adopt from.